Indianapolis, IN, United States
Are you an experienced specialist in sheet metal production management? Do you have a significant manufacturing supervision background?
Are you a self-driven production manager always looking to improve efficiency and workforce mobilization?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, there could be a place for you in our team.
DE LA FONTAINE Industries is seeking its future Production Supervisor for its Indianapolis (IN) facility.
Working in a highly stimulating environment, you will be reporting directly to the corporate operations director of the group. You will have responsibilities of managing a remote manufacturing site. With your dedication to deliver product on time and free of any defects, you will become a key player for the success and growth of the company.
- Supervise and oversee plant production, quality and H&S requirements while maintaining a clean, orderly working environment, in compliance with all company policies.
- Act as a team leader with employees: train, evaluate, supervise and assign employees in order to maintain an efficient & productive workforce to meet operational requirements.
- Perform tasks on production lines as needed.
- Act as a key contact with our customer service department and establish strong business partnerships with them.
- Oversee accurate shop floor reporting for production, scrap, quality KPI’s and other company metrics.
- Evaluate work areas to make changes necessary to ensure optimal use of manpower and equipment.
- Work closely with your superior to keep him updated on your daily performance and problems.
- Give updates on project management and performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and motivate workforce by communicating company policies, procedures, operational changes, etc.; counsel and discipline employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent;
- Previous experience in management or supervision in a steel transformation field;
- Architectural products experience such as with Doors, Windows, Frames and Hardware would be a significant asset;
- Considerable knowledge and judgment to manage best practices interpretation of policies to evaluate, select, and apply industry techniques and standards;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to function independently and/or as a part of a team;
- Capacity to develop close relationship with our sales representatives and our customer service department;
- Computer skills: word processing software, spreadsheet software, order processing software, manufacturing software
Do you think you have the right qualifications for this position?
Send us your resume today!